First off, I didn’t do it right.
How did I mess up? Firstly, it didn’t come out that great. Secondly, the video messed up. I’ll explain. But first, you will need,
3 cups of flour,
1 teaspoon of salt,
1 cup of vegetable shortening bread (This makes a good crust),
1/4 cup hot water,
1/3 cup of sugar,
and 1 1/2 cups of whole milk.
So, my friend Tyler volunteered to make this with me, and I made a whole iMovie. Then I deleted it by mistake.
So here’s the recipe.
First, mix 1/2 teaspoon salt and flour together
Now, cut in the shortening until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Here’s the only picture I got with Tyler during this recipe. Mix in enough water to form a dough ball. And then cut it in half. Now, roll it out to the song “The Lion Sleeps Tonight”
The video is above. Make the dough about 1/8 inch thick. Now cut out 12 circles of the dough and put them in greased muffin tins, pressing the sides. Make sure to fill the whole bottom up with the shortbread. Preheat the over to 350 degrees. Now, sigh, for the custard. Beat the eggs and stir in the sugar and the remaining salt. Now gradually blend in the milk. Evenly distribute the mixture across all the muffin tins. Now bake for about 28 minutes on the bottom row. Unfortunately, we overcooked it, so it didn’t taste good. Overall, this gets a 67/100.
- 3 cups (750ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) salt
- 1 cup (250ml) vegetable shortening
- 4 to 6 tablespoons (60 to 90ml) hot tap water
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup (80ml) Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) milk
- Combine flour and 1/2 teaspoon (2ml) of salt in mixing bowl.
- Cut in shortening until mixture resembles bread crumbs.
- Mix in enough water to form a dough ball. Cut in half.
- Roll out each half on lightly floured surface until 1/8 inch (0.5 cm) thick.
- Cut 12 circles from each half 3 inches (8 cm) in diameter.
- Fit pastry circles into greased muffin cups, pressing sides so they reach rims.
- Beat eggs. Stir in Sugar and remaining 1/2 teaspoon (2ml) salt.
- Gradually blend in milk. Spoon about 2 tablespoons (30ml) egg mixture into each pastry.
- Bake in preheated 350F (180C) oven until knife inserted in center of custards comes out clean. 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove tarts from pan. Cool on wire racks.
Courtesy of recipes.wikia.com user Vampiric.Media